When I first heard of the possibility to work on Torment, it was difficult to mask my excitement. Having played the original growing up, I was looking forward to contributing to its next iteration. Coupled with the opportunity to work with the folks at inXile daily, I was like a kid in a candy store. Torment was one of the first titles that dotBunny negotiated credit options on, spearheading an initiative to expose our work publicly.
Initially engaged to provide audio integration development and support. Responsibilities rapidly expanded to encompass narrative and UI based systems as well as providing additional engineering solutions as needed on Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Created a full-stack custom Wwise integration with realtime in-editor previewing not requiring PIE.
- Designed and implemented a modular UI system with cascading ownership retention.
- Designed and implemented an infinite text system allowing for unlimited narrative length.
- Render pipeline optimizations and development support.
- Asset database load-time optimizations.
- Optimizations and development support for console and PC deployment targets.