Working with the talented team at OtherSide Entertainment opened the door to a place that I wanted to keep coming back too. The launch of Underworld Ascendant was rough. The team showed incredible character and commitment to their craft and worked hard to address the concerns of the community and restore the vision of the original game. That sort of responsibility makes me hope for great things in OtherSide’s future.
Engaged originally to provide audio integration development and support. Responsibilities quickly expanded to refactoring and owning numerous systems on the project, transitioning into a senior role supporting the team as needed on Underworld Ascendant.
- Designed and implemented a post-launch save game system.
- Implemented full world state persistency across all levels in the game.
- Created a dynamic lighting and systems streaming solution allowing for large singular levels.
- Lead performance/optimization strike team.
- Improved quest system/tooling to be more designer centric with improved flexibility and workflows.
- Optimized existing audio integration to prevent runtime hiccups.
- Developed robust tools for game designers.